Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May play day

Taken on Saturday, when we ran outside mid-day to enjoy the beautiful weather! I'm still struggling with some of the manual setting with my Rebel XT; I like to learn this stuff by trial and error, but it's nice to go into it at least knowing what you're going to try.

After we can in and I uploaded the photos, I figured out that I was changing the ISO and the shutter speed, but I wasn't changing the F-stop.

It was a very sunny day, and we were outside between noon and two p.m., so the sun really was at its brightest. All of my photos turned out with a blue tint -- the temperature was off on all of them, not warm enough. I adjusted the photo above by maxing out the temp. to the warmest setting because I liked the effect. But it's not very natural-looking, of course. I'm still not sure what I should have changed to fix that while shooting, though, and of course I don't want all my photos to turn out that way, so I clearly have some research to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment