Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ch- ch- ch- changes

So, we're married, and everything went awesome. I'm not posting any wedding photos, because I didn't take any! ;)

But here are some from Napa Valley.

There were many, many chances to take the obligatory vine-heavy-with-grapes shot, and this is one of my favorites. I will admit, though, that after a while, all of the perfectly straight rows of grape vines definitely begin to look alike!



I love this shot, but I realized when I got them on my computer that the coloring is really off here. Huge bummer. It's confusing, too, because I'm pretty sure I had the white balance on "daylight," but we had just come from inside the winery, so I could be wrong. I especially love that the bottle is empty, and glass is just a little bit full. Really captures a moment, I think.



We took a hike in the mountains on the west side of the valley halfway through the week, and this shot was sheer luck. It's cropped out of a much larger shot, but I think it retained quality pretty well. I love his shadow on the ground, and the tips of his wings blend in perfectly with the forest floor! It's actually hard to tell at first what the photo is of, I think.



When I got this shot onto my computer, I started wondering how I could have made the building and trees darker, more silhouette-ish. I wonder if most photographers do that in post-processing? Or what setting should I have changed to get that effect... The F-stop? Bah. I'll have to try something like this again soon.



I took of bunch of shots in this mustard garden out in front of a restaurant where we had lunch. I loved the sticks they posted that said what was planted where.



The holidays are coming up, which means lots of family photos (probably won't post those here), but hopefully I'll still get some creative opportunities. Maybe snow will be involved...

1 comment:

  1. I love this because it challenges me to think about the settings/equipment and what you could have used or changed when you're frustrated with the result.

    ReplyDelete