Saturday, January 23, 2010

Color

I wanted to talk about color for a minute, and also do a small test to see how colors are rendered on this blog versus the Lightroom software and my Smugmug page. So here's a picture of the flag, from last weekend, that has absolutely no post-processing (it doesn't need any! & at ISO 100 on a bright, sunny day with clear skies, it shouldn't!). Taken with the 75-300 IS:





























It seems that colors are the most vibrant in Lightroom, not bad on the Smugmug site, but dulled a bit when posted here.

Here's one more from the waterfront last weekend, also with the 75-300 IS:























This photo was altered a little bit. I think the water looks good, but the four chairs are a little washed out, as is the railing I guess, just because it's white. The red deck doesn't look too bad.

Took some more indoor low-light photos last night at our friends' for dinner. Excited to see how those turned out. I'm trying to perfect photo-taking in that environment, since it's where I am so often. I meant to play around with fill flash a little more, but by the time I got around to it, Conan was coming on, and we all wanted to watch: what a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment